"Stan!"
Stan kept walking
"Stan!" The voice behind him grew louder.
Stan walked faster.
"Stan!" The voice had caught up to him now. It was Jackson, another one of the park rangers. He gave Stan a light tap from the side. Stan - who had plugged his earphones so he could plausibly lie and say he hadn't heard Jackson - grudgingly acknowledged him now and removed his earphones.
"Hi Jackson." He stated flatly.
"I saw you walking while Green was giving me a drive back to the base camp; figured you could use a bit of company." Jackson said. "It's a long way back and it's your first day back on the job after the... Accident. Thought you might want to talk."
"I don't. You really should have gone with Green." Stan replied. "He wouldn't be that far by now, radio him."
"No it's okay, I'll walk with you. Look Stan, I know we don't know each other but I know how it feels to lose someone. I can help you."
"I don't need your help!" Stan hissed. "You should not have come here."
To be continued.
Very intriguing. Why didn't you write this story as your short story? Just curious.
ReplyDeleteI Can't wait to read more.
ReplyDeleteReading a bit about the character Stan, he is very interesting I want to see the character development for him.
Awesome entry!
I agree with Mrs Cat! I like the way you began it, it makes me want to read what more and find out about this accident you speak of. For another journal entry you should expand on this :)
ReplyDelete*Wiser clap*
ReplyDeleteWhy haven't you blogged in ages? Disappointing for me and your followers...
ReplyDeleteMs I made this up on the spot for my journal while I already had a plan for my short story, there would no use wasting my fantastic plan now would there?
ReplyDeleteThanks for the feedback (and claps) all
To be continued was never continued. :( I want to read more.
ReplyDelete