“I don’t need your counsel Jackson.” Stan hissed, becoming more and more annoyed with the other rangers’ presence. He needed to be alone. No matter, he already had a contingency plan in place.
“Stan you can’t hide from your feelings!”
“I’m not hiding from my feelings!” Stan oozed. “I’m hiding my feelings from you. I don’t know why you expect me to open up to you just because you decided to take a hike with me!”
Jackson started. He looked hurt. Stan didn’t even pretend to care about the other man’s feelings. He just kept walking in silence. It stayed this way for a while before they arrived in a clearing. This time, Stan broke the silence.
“Want to know why you saw me walking, Jackson?”
Jackson looked puzzled. Stan motioned him forward and the other ranger took one step forward before pain ripped through him.
No comments:
Post a Comment